Do you want to design large scale participation projects with East London Dance? Are you passionate about dance and the arts in education and equal access for all? Then you are exactly who we need to help make a difference!
East London Dance is looking for 10 highly motivated young people aged 14-21 from across East London to help us design our schools and community group projects.
What will you do?
- Meet with us twice a year at Stratford Circus Arts Centre (on either an evening or weekend).
- Work with us to develop and design our dance programmes for young people.
- Get the chance to meet members of our Board of Trustees and learn from their experience.
- Be an ambassador for East London Dance and help get new people involved in dance.
- Work on major new dance projects, such as East Wall. East Wall will be a large-scale spectacle of dance and live music that will take place at the Tower of London in Summer 2018. Directed by world-renowned choreographer, Hofesh Shechter, East Wall will bring together a large cast of dancers, musicians and community participants to celebrate East London’s rich cultural heritage. You will have the chance to help design the learning programme and digital resource to help engage young people in the project.
What are the benefits?
- Valuable experience for your CV for anyone wanting to pursue a career in dance, the arts sector, education, heritage, or community and outreach work.
- Free tickets for selected shows produced by East London Dance.
- Priority access to dance opportunities.
- Travel reimbursement and snacks and/or lunch provided for each meeting.
- Free mentoring support and career advice from the East London Dance team.
- An opportunity to gain an Arts Award, a nationally recognised qualification.
- A real sense of achievement from seeing your advice directly influence the design of the East London Dance programme and projects.
- An opportunity to meet other like-minded people, make new friends and have fun!
What makes a perfect candidate for the East London Dance Youth Advisory Board?
- Anyone aged 14-21 living, studying or working in East London with a passion for dance.
- Someone with innovative ideas of how to get young people involved in dance and help bring dance into schools.
- Someone who works well in a group and who has the ability to use initiative.
- Someone with the commitment and passion to see a project through from start to finish.
- Someone who is engaged, who has a flair for communicating with people and expressing their creative ideas.
To apply, download an application form here: yab-application-form-2016-final
The deadline for applications is 5pm Friday 25th November