East London Dance has launched its very first Youth Advisory Board. Eight highly motivated young people aged 14-25 have been selected to collaborate with East London Dance to design, develop and influence our engagement and participation projects. Committed to reaching young people across East London, the board is designed to give them an active voice when it comes to the design of participation projects with schools and community groups. The Board come from across East London and each member brings lots of innovative ideas and enthusiasm to get young people involved and engaged in dance. Who was selected? Jamie Baker, 18 Kia Henry, 17 Melanie Hilaire, 15 Tyrone Isaac Stuart, 25 Edy Maniata, 18 Jahanvi Patel, 16 Mimosa Percy-Rouhaud, 19 Jasmine Richards, 15 What do the Youth Advisory Board do?
- Meet with us twice a year at Stratford Circus Arts Centre
- Work with us to develop and design our dance programmes for young people
- Get the chance to meet members of our Board of Trustees and learn from their experience
- Become ambassadors for East London Dance and help get new people involved in dance
- Work on our projects engaging and empowering young people through dance