The Dance Enterprise Hub offers a programme of skills development, creative incubation for new ideas, start up funding and mentoring to enable dance artists to establish sustainable and successful creative businesses and/or careers.
As part of the Dance Enterprise Hub we are building a powerful network of organisations and individuals to find new ways to share resource and expertise, nurture future talent, produce relevant and innovative new work, and grow dance audiences and participants.
There are many ways to get involved in the Dance Enterprise Hub, whether you are an independent dance creative or an organisation committed to supporting dance in east London.
For artists and independent professionals the Dance Enterprise Hub will offer:
– Skills to further your artistic practice and training
– Support to develop your career and your ideas
– Access to our resources and partners to develop your networks
There will be something for everyone at all stages of their career. We are particularly interested in supporting socially driven arts and creative enterprise exploring dance-driven practice in the fields of health and well-being, education, regeneration an science and technology.
The programme for artists includes:
– The Dance Forum - a monthly open space led by artists, for artists
– One-to-one information, advice and guidance sessions with the East London Dance team
– Homework Club - a space to come and work on funding applications, websites, budgets, or pitches in a supportive environment with peer support and expert advice
– Creative Enterprise Seminars giving you the skills and knowledge to develop a successful career
– Masterclasses - dance and choreographic workshops with internationally renowned artists
– Start-up funding to kickstart an idea
For partners the Dance Enterprise Hub will offer:
– Information and sharing with regular meetings to stay up-to date, address areas of need and work collectively
– Access to our artist bank, enabling you to employ quality assured dance artists specialising in a broad range of dance forms
– Opportunities and support with marketing, audience development, joint fundraising, co-commissioning and co-producing
Partners encompass a diverse range of east London based organisations, including venues, education institutions, festivals, local authorities, youth and community centres. We welcome both dance/arts and non-arts specialists to explore how dance can help contribute to a range of agenda’s including public health, regeneration and cultural education.
If you are interested in becoming a Dance Enterprise Hub partner please get in touch at email@example.com
We are working with King’s Cultural Institute to research the impact and inform the development of the Dance Enterprise Hub as part of their Cultural Spaces Programme.
The Dance Enterprise Hub has been developed in response to current challenges facing the dance community in east London and beyond.
– We believe that in order for dance artists to sustain and develop their careers, passion and talent isn’t always going to be enough. They need to understand the “business” of dance, to hone their ability to realise and articulate their ideas, and to gain a broader perspective of the sector and potential market for their work.
– We want to tackle youth unemployment and ensure young people are attracted to the creative industries and equipped with the knowledge and skills about how to develop their careers.
– We want to ensure there are clear and transparent routes for artists to benefit from the resources available in east London, including space, employment opportunities, performance opportunities and commissioning funds.
– We want to have a joined up approach to developing dance audiences and participants, addressing where there are gaps and learning from successful models.
Polly Risbridger, Director, East London Dance
Claire Gevaux, Creative Director, The Legacy List