About East London Dance
East London Dance is the leading producer of creative dance experiences for the people of east London and beyond. We produce inspirational dance projects and events, and nurture the next generation of artists, growing one of the most diverse and vibrant dance communities in the country. From large-scale productions to intimate encounters we encourage people of all ages to create and experience dance differently.
- dance can inspire everyone in many different ways
- in being enterprising – creatively, strategically and financially
- in approaching all our work with honesty and integrity
- collaboration is integral to success
- in being open to new ideas, new people, new places and new ways of working
Our Artistic Values
We discover, nurture, produce, present and champion diverse artists who:
- place people at the heart of their work
- develop new approaches and models to devise and deliver dance of exceptional quality
- present work in original ways and contexts for diverse sets of people
- challenge the relationship between creator/performer/viewer
- are not limited by dance style or form and challenge traditional convention
- are open to collaborating with the unexpected
- respond to or reflect east London
- are entrepreneurial and enterprising
Where We Work
We are based in the vibrant centre of Stratford in the diverse borough of Newham and work across the east London boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, City of London, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
Our office base is at Stratford Circus but as a non-venue based organisation, we are able to pop up anywhere across east London and work with all sorts of different venues and partners.